Timothy J. Hulst, DPM
Originally from Holland, Michigan, Dr. Hulst gained interest in podiatric medicine because of the variety and challenges of disease and injury involving the lower extremity. He completed an advanced three-year surgical residency along with an AO Trauma fellowship in Germany before returning to Grand Rapids in 1997.
He worked with Dr. Michael David and Dr. William Decker in their private offices and partnered with them to join Foot and Ankle Specialists of West Michigan in 1999. His training provided him with in-depth knowledge of trauma and treatment of the forefoot, rearfoot and ankle.
Dr. Hulst has been involved with the Healing the Children program and has provided free reconstructive surgery to children from third-world countries. As a board certified podiatrist, he treats all aspects of foot and ankle disease. He is a diplomat of the American Board of Podiatric Surgery and a clinical assistant professor for Michigan State University.
Dr. Hulst treats patients at our Grand Rapids Southeast office.
- A-O Trauma Fellowship, St. Vincenz and Elisabeth Hospital, Mainz, Germany
- Diabetic Foot Fellowship, Wayne State University, MI
- Surgical Residency specializing in advance foot and ankle surgery, Hutzel Hospital, Detroit, MI
- Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine, Summa Cum Laude, William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine, IL
- Bachelor of Science, Calvin College, MI